Friday, February 24, 2012

Behind the Scenes: Stir-Fried Bok Choy and Lettuce with Mushrooms

Truth be told, I am not the chef of the family. Sure I can cook. Some things rather well. But if a recipe has more than 6 or 7 ingredients I generally move on to a different one. When I looked at the list of dishes, without opening the actual recipe, this one seemed easy. And it was. Once I bought all of the ingredients. And in the end I am glad I chose it. But of course when trying not to disappoint The Gourmet, I was a bit stressed to make sure everything was as perfect as possible.

In the end everything was great. But there was this moment:



I am a rule follower (at least when it comes to trying out a new recipe). I wanted Chinese Rice Wine. I did not want to settle for Sherry.

After making my husband run to 3 different stores he ended up at a liquor store buying dry sherry. And beer.

I am from a big city where when looking for specialty ingredients my biggest dilemma was choosing which Asian market to go to. Here in our little town, not so much. I am already having trouble finding the panang curry paste for our next Supper Club. Which is tomorrow. Cue panic.

1 comment:

  1. We don't exactly have an assortment of ethnic shops to chose from around here, do we?? We may have to have ingredients flown in next time! LOL!

    ReplyDelete